1/22/15

on paint swatches


Growing up, I was the kid who grab hundreds of paint swatches from Home Depot whenever I was there {bored out of my mind} with my parents. I guess I didn't have a particular reason other than they looked pretty. Whenever I got home I would fan them out, look at their names, wonder out loud, "who's job is it to come up with the names of these colors? Can I have that job?" and then put them in a drawer to be long forgotten.

Last weekend I pocketed more paint swatches, but actually with the intent to paint my room. I have been at a dead standstill since, because I think hanging the swatches up in my room against the wall has confused me even more and I have noooo idea what I want, or what will look good! If you're an interior designer...help. 

A couple posts back I posted a room inspo post: all white. Which is want I want to do...mostly. But I am thinking about a punch of teal (accent wall). The problem is, my room is already dark as it is with limited sunlight and I don't want it to be darker. I think the dark color of teal will also create the illusion of a smaller room, which I don't want either...any experts out there know what I mean? My goal is to add as much natural light as possible, whether its by adding mirrors or brightening the color up.

Have you ever experimented with bold colors that you're unsure about? Have you ever done an accent wall? I am very open to tips!! thank you! 

ciao, xo



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!