2/17/14

coffee diaries | nonno's italian coffee parlor


I still have the taste of my vanilla latte from Nonno's in my mouth - rich, foamy, and sweet. I grabbed a seat by the window and gazed forlornly at all of the snow that is piled up...when will it ever melt? The fact that I was sitting in a cafe dedicated to the art of Italian coffee and gelato made me quite happier. Of course I wish I was sitting at a cafe tucked away in some vicolo, with awnings and sun-washed orange brick walls framing the place, hearing the clinks of light porcelain amidst the occasional vespa motor. But Nonno's is such a treat, and it's so good to know that someone out there, not too far away, is sitting there having a gelato or cappuccino and dreaming of the very same thing.

Nonno's ambience is charming and delightful - the perfect place to steal away for a quiet moment (like I did). Just a glance at the trays of sweets makes me wants one of everything. I particularly like their jars of biscotti. Perhaps their crowning glory is the gelato, which really does make me yearn for those fleeting days of summer. I absentmindedly took the photo above and didn't realize that the flavors they have sound so delicious - pumpkin!? I'd have that. Thank you, Nonno's, for loving Italy as much as I do, and wanting to bring a little of it here.

nonno's italian coffee parlor & gelateria
6 state street
doylestown, pa

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving your Coffee Diaries! Even if I never get the chance to try some of these places out it's still fun to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! enjoyed this coffee diary, keep it up:)

    www.atlantastateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds as a really nice café, the one you can go to and be calm and cozy and stay there for a while. I am having a hard time finding a similar place in Paris… And I hope the snow melts finally :) It's about time I would say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That latte looks phenomenal. I love your coffee diaries, but I always want a cup of coffee after seeing your beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off..I have lots of favorites in coffee, but my easy "go to" is a vanilla latte. This place is adorable. And I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... sometimes it's so nice to tuck into a little cafe, have some coffee and soak up the moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos! Makes me want to go and have a coffee here :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need one of these in my town. I love Gelato!!! Such cute pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! looks like a charming place! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like i answered my own question :) i studied abroad in rome for a year and just fell in love with italy - i can't wait to go back :)

    ReplyDelete