1/21/15

winter birdwatching


Dream career: to be a National Geographic photographer. I felt like one when I snapped these photos outside the window over our snowy, frozen-over garden. There is nothing quite as serene as a quiet, snowy morning hearing the birds chirp outside the window. And these birds! Look at their magnificent colors. The cardinal especially is just so beautiful against the snow, so elegant. I took these through the window but I actually love the blurred, bright effect. Magically, the details in the birds' feathers are just-enough there appreciate the variegated lights, darks, and whimsical patterns.

I think photography takes skill, I really do. But I think even more than skill it takes serendipity - being in the right place at the right time. There are so many things that factor into a good photo, and when they all seem to happen in one spontaneous, joyful, unplanned moment... is there anything better than getting to capture that with your camera?

ciao, xo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!