10/4/15

coffee diaries | boro bean


 We stumbled upon Boro Bean after taking a wrong turn on our route towards Princeton, NJ - best mistake in as long as I can remember!

Hopewell, NJ is the most charming simple American town. Its' lovely main street, Broad Street, was having a fall festival of sorts. It was a glorious, chilly Saturday of sidewalk sales, open houses and markets, and people walking together along the street. Our stop at Boro Bean was very serendipitous, as it was the first business we saw as we turned on to Broad, with twinkly lights adorning the rustic wooden porch. I loved the look of the front porch with creaky old wood. It had just the right amount of space to feel cozy yet spaced out, and there was a table right up front that I had my mom snag.

Our order was a pumpkin spice latte and a regular coffee, Jet Fuel blend (!!) for our autumn afternoon.

I was floored by the small-town feel of this cafe, where the barista was kind enough to engage me in conversation about what specifics I wanted for my latte, what I was doing in town today, what I was photographing (he noticed my camera). It's what all cafes should be like.  Nick, my barista, is clearly a master at creating a pumpkin spice latte with the works - whipped cream, cinnamon, pumpkin flavor, and perfectly steamed skim milk. It was just as delicious as it was beautiful!

So, these pictures capture a really special few moments of my day. Amazing cafes do exist outside big metropolitan areas and crowded streets. I can't wait to make my pilgrimage back here every fall, and a bunch of other times in between.

ciao! xo

Boro Bean
9 E. Broad Street
Hopewell, New Jersey
@BoroBean