5/21/15

red orange


nude flats aldo | hat target {similar} | skirt banana republic  (old - similar here) | tote street level | striped tank loft | watch kate spade  

I've had this old red orange skirt forever and finally have found the perfect way to wear it! It's such a bold and overpowering piece, so finding a balance was tougher than I previously had thought. While it's originally a fall skirt, I loved going with a light and airy look by pairing it with a blousy striped shell and my favorite new nude flats.  Over the weekend, I found myself on a nice aimless drive - the best kind. We ended up stopping at the doorstep of a local countryside inn - I was pretty into the rustic turquoise doors. It seemed to be a great backdrop :)

This look is such a mix of nautical and polished. The beach vibes come from the loose, nautical tank (with ribbed details that make it more casual) and of course, the straw hat. But below, the pencil skirt and pointed flats bring it all together in a more cinched, polished look. The flats from Aldo are becoming my new favorite - they go with absolutely everything - and they have a cool side cutout detail with a gold clasp. This is probably one of my favorite spring outfits ever! 

While the skirt is bright and punchy, the piece that brings everything together is the straw hat! It was a steal (only $12.99!) from Target! I immediately knew that I had to have it as soon as I tried it on; I love the old-fashioned cloche style; it makes me feel like a 1920s beachgoer whether I'm wearing it at the beach or not.  I think everyone should own more hats - at least one for every season. Hats are so classic, and they add so much to an outfit (my black floppy hat and my faux-leather hat are my two other go-tos).

ciao! xo


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!