5/14/15

by the corral


Hi, everyone! Happy Thursday [already - this week flew!] The frenetic, crazy, I-don't-even-have-time-to-go-to-the-bathroom days have been getting to me; but somewhere deep down I know that this too shall pass. And when it does, I'll weirdly miss it. Anyway, I am looking forward to the weekend regardless and am so excited for one piece of big news next week: S is coming home for a nice long visit! I've been planning some cool things for us to do, but I don't want it to be a rushed visit filled with to-do lists.

I kind of want a day to look like the pictures above. Maybe a picnic in a dandelion-filled field? (ugh, allergies). These beautiful fields are my favorite fields. It's a long stretch of open land and a horse corral, surrounded by dense maple trees and lots of deer. They're right outside of my grandmother's house, where we spent Mother's Day. I remember growing up and being fascinated by the corral "out back," and watching deer graze around the apple trees in my grandma's backyard. I have the faintest memories of watching for real-life Bambi, going to search for my mom's old tree house near the creek, and going on excursions to visit the horses way out back. Even in my twenties I still look out the window and look for something. This past week's discovery was a lurking cat and an unsuspecting cardinal...there's always something to find.

lots of good things happening!

ciao! xo

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!