9/27/15

scenes from my weekend



Because the Pope was in town, we decided to keep it chill and have a low-key, laid back weekend. Which was totally fine with me because I seem to have caught a nasty cold that I can't quite get rid of. I hate how tough head colds are! Anyway, as you can see it was a very autumn-ish weekend will all of the hues of orange, the jacket-wearing, and the autumn time treats. It was a picturesque day, with chilly blue skies and lots of goings on.

We made our way to a pumpkin festival/farmers' market, sampling delicious fall delicacies like pumpkin ice cream and apple butter. I've heard at least a dozen people exclaim the words "I love the fall!" yesterday. I also saw some of the largest pumpkins and ugliest gourds (I like them best) in my life!

We drove through Princeton, NJ via Hopewell and had an awesome time looking out the window at the nascent signs of autumn in the trees. I fell in love with a cafe in Hopewell and got to visit some new and old favorite pit stops in Princeton, my ideal weekend hangout, especially on such a gloriously brisk day.

It was obviously light jacket and jeans weather - so, outfit post coming up soon!

ciao! xo