10/30/14

golden light




top daydreamer | vest THML | jeans j.crew | booties banana republic (old) | tote street level

Happy Friday! And Happy Halloween! I can't wait to reveal to you the silly costume that I've whipped up - but until then I thought I'd share with you what has turned out to be my f a v o r i t e fall  chill outfit. Comfy, minimal, but perfectly fitting for this crisp and golden time of year. We snapped these photos on such a gorgeous night - I mean, I can't get enough of this natural light in the photos!

Last Sunday we grabbed Wawa hot chocolates (where're my Philly peeps at!?) and headed out to a haunted hayride for what turned out to be perhaps the most quintessential October evening. My very talented sister captured these moments during the golden hour before the sun went down and the festivities of the evening began. By the end of the night I didn't look quite as pulled together and collected - all the creepy clowns and chainsaw massacre scenes may or may not have had me ducking in the hay, screaming! Anyway, the evening was picturesque and the weather was perfect for a slightly bundled-look. I love this faux-leather/knit vest I picked up at my favorite beach boutique last month. It is the perfect thing to effortlessly throw over a tee, and look so put together and layered. I love the texture of it! And I'm really pleased that I am finally wearing in my tan leather booties from last year - they look the perfect amount of aged and scuffed! I couldn't be more pleased!

Another cool outfit detail is this reversible bag by Street Level. It's my go-to weekend bag and I love how sharp the white looks - but black is classic, too! It was the best complement to the faux leather details in the vest. I'll probably be wearing a variation on this theme for the rest of the weekend. 

ciao! xo

5 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad you shared where you bought all of these items! The boots, the sweater, the jeans!!!
    Your style is perfect, and you are gorgeous! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the golden light. And cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit looks incredibly cozy! I love large vests such as the one you’re wearing and I can imagine it can go with everything. I look forward to seeing your Halloween costume :) I’m happy to have found your blog and am your newest follower.

    Kelly
    Primarily Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that vest! You look gorgeous :) Hope you had a great weekend!!

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete