I've slipped off the radar again! Is 'my computer broke' a good enough excuse!? It kind of broke, but all is well and I'm happy as a clam - I had my first experience at the Apple Store's Genuis Bar and it was, luckily, a successful and satisfying visit. So, instead of dumping all of my current goings-on with you, I'll list a few things instead...
1. October. You are stunning. You are glorious. You are here. Your trees are orange. The fields are rusty-yellow. The twilight skies are purple and dusty. It is absolutely perfect. Cozy cool weather that is not too hot, with the right amount of crisp - even enough to justify a sweater and a hot chocolate. We all know this and it's a topic overkilled by bloggers, but here it is just stunning. We have been so lucky this year to really have seasons.
2. The running routine. What an up-down roller coaster. Since my last update I feel as though I skyrocketed in terms of positive progress, then went down just as fast. One weekend I ran a 5k, no problems - the next, I couldn't get through a mile without a break or two! It is odd. I think eating right has to do with it, the amt. of water I am drinking (never enough) and so on. Currently in a slump but will get back to it.
3. Weekend therapy with Mom. Don't know how else to explain it - this past Sunday was just the best day ever. I spent it entirely with Mom. Rose early, put on this hat (instant outfit!), made some returns, and had a late diner breakfast. Spent the rest of the day doing typical Sunday things like laundry, cleaning up, packing lunches for the week - but the quality time and conversations and moments to think made it SO rejuvenating of a day. Even through the chores we had to do, we just seemed to glide through and have a wonderful day.
4. 1 month, 1 month. S is coming home in one month!!!!! We have an extraordinarily ambitious bucket list planned out. Stay tuned.
5. Skin care routine. My skin care routine has also been a roller coaster of successes and failures over the past few months. I'm thinking about switching dermatologists - but to make a long story short I have been so self-conscious lately about my skin and breakouts, even the littlest ones, that it's become something that consumes my thoughts. Straight to the mirror! I have decided to physically force myself away from the mirror, and so far it is working. Also: a tub of Clinique moisturizer does the trick. And swiping the tiniest, microscopic dab of my mom's La Mer may be helping too, every blue moon or so...
okay - that's that for now! more tomorrow, ciao! xo