10/22/14

hello, i'm here!


I've slipped off the radar again! Is 'my computer broke' a good enough excuse!? It kind of broke, but all is well and I'm happy as a clam - I had my first experience at the Apple Store's Genuis Bar and it was, luckily, a successful and satisfying visit. So, instead of dumping all of my current goings-on with you, I'll list a few things instead...

1. October. You are stunning. You are glorious. You are here. Your trees are orange. The fields are rusty-yellow. The twilight skies are purple and dusty. It is absolutely perfect. Cozy cool weather that is not too hot, with the right amount of crisp - even enough to justify a sweater and a hot chocolate. We all know this and it's a topic overkilled by bloggers, but here it is just stunning. We have been so lucky this year to really have seasons. 

2. The running routine. What an up-down roller coaster. Since my last update I feel as though I skyrocketed in terms of positive progress, then went down just as fast. One weekend I ran a 5k, no problems - the next, I couldn't get through a mile without a break or two! It is odd. I think eating right has to do with it, the amt. of water I am drinking (never enough) and so on. Currently in a slump but will get back to it.

3. Weekend therapy with Mom. Don't know how else to explain it - this past Sunday was just the best day ever. I spent it entirely with Mom. Rose early, put on this hat (instant outfit!), made some returns, and had a late diner breakfast. Spent the rest of the day doing typical Sunday things like laundry, cleaning up, packing lunches for the week - but the quality time and conversations and moments to think made it SO rejuvenating of a day. Even through the chores we had to do, we just seemed to glide through and have a wonderful day.

4. 1 month, 1 month. S is coming home in one month!!!!! We have an extraordinarily ambitious bucket list planned out. Stay tuned.

5. Skin care routine. My skin care routine has also been a roller coaster of successes and failures over the past few months. I'm thinking about switching dermatologists - but to make a long story short I have been so self-conscious lately about my skin and breakouts, even the littlest ones, that it's become something that consumes my thoughts. Straight to the mirror! I have decided to physically force myself away from the mirror, and so far it is working. Also: a tub of Clinique moisturizer does the trick. And swiping the tiniest, microscopic dab of my mom's La Mer may be helping too, every blue moon or so...

okay - that's that for now! more tomorrow, ciao! xo

2 comments:

  1. I love this update on life! You should totally link up with me tomorrow for the coffee date linkup. It's the perfect post to catch people up on life. :)

    I really have been loving this month, too! October usually is one my favorite months, but it's been pretty hot for us down here...until this week! It's been heavenly. Finally able to wear layers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes... mirrors can be dangerous little things! I had some skin struggles a couple of years ago, and it's easily to go overboard with it. Glad you're alive! I'm loving October as well (although I've spent the majority of it in the hospital working... hmmm). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete