11/17/14

breaking the rules

skirt banana republic (old) / leggings lululemon / booties banana republic (old) / hoodie freeloader / bag street level / necklace j.crew factory

This unorthodox outfit was originally a lazy-saturday morning getup; black leggings with this ridiculously comfortable hoodie from the beach. Hair half towel-dried and in a knot, mismatching socks, and no makeup was the forecast for the day. And it was cold! A sharp chill in the air for sure. Except my day went from cozy-indoors to day of busy family outings, including a birthday lunch for my sisters (yay) and sending my brother off to a high school dance. But I was not changing out of my comfy weekend uniform. So I broke some cardinal fashion rules.

I piled on unexpected (and perhaps unfitting) layers. A skirt, booties, and a set of new J.Crew baubles to dress it up a bit. In the mirror this seemed to look pretty darn good but in the sunlight the leggings are kind of off - definitely not hose, you know? But I kind of like it. Paired with the hoodie, it is sporty - but the skirt and the necklace make it fit for a sit-down dinner. Comfortable, warm, and clever ''table dressing." I am thinking this (modified, of course) is going to be my thanksgiving dinner outfit! If only I had fabulous suede black knee-high boots to wear with this buffalo plaid.

Would you dare to mix yoga pants with a more dressy piece? What are you willing to do, or not do, when it comes to breaking some rules?

ciao! xo! and happy monday!


2 comments:

  1. I think it's so cute & the fact that it's comfy is a huge plus! I also love those booties - I've been looking for a pair but haven't been able to find quite what I've wanted, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt! Cute and comfy look; perfect for this weather!

    Ashley
    Sunday Brunch

    ReplyDelete