5/23/14

drive home


I was driving home one day this week - I don't even remember which one yet (I think Monday) - and the sky was beautiful. I just happened to have my camera with me and at a red light I snapped these. It might have been before a quick but big rain. I love how right before a rainfall, the leaves flutter in the wind and they almost seem silver because their undersides are showing.

This is a great time of year. Temperatures feel summer like, but nights are still cool and not yet humid. The air can be brisk in the morning, and when the sun is out it is crisp but warming. And one of my favorite parts of the end of May is that afternoon storms crash in every once in a while and douse us with rain - but they're over and done quickly. So, so soothing.

ciao! xo

2 comments:

  1. i love how you describe the weather. feel like i can feel it. the weather has been nice too in where i live lately. not so hot, and the sky has been so so so blue and so beautiful

    ReplyDelete