11/18/13

coffee diaries | capogiro


zucca + cioccolato scuro (pumpkin and "serious" chocolate, aka dark) 

Capogiro is my go-to gelato place in Philly…
They have, undoubtedly, the very best gelato in town.
What I don't understand is, though, how it took me this long to realize they probably have very good espresso…

Well, they do! 

This coffee diaries outing was a bit unconventional and impromptu (just as it should be).
After a long dinner date with a lovely siena friend, we decided to get some gelato for old times' sake…
and hey, a cappuccino or two! why not?!
it was delightful. like a little taste of italy. made right here in midtown philadelphia.
Truth: I don't think I've ever paired cappuccinos and gelato before, since its not quite the thing to have a caffè past, say, 10am…but I'm thinking I should do it more often.
this place is a keeper. ;)



Capogiro Gelato Artisans
20th and Sansom Streets, Philadelphia

3 comments:

  1. coffee & gelato. deathly combination that a cafe should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love capogiro, and yet never thought of getting espresso there! I'm going to have to add that to my next visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that gelato looks and sounds so freaking good!

    ReplyDelete