Some people roll their eyes at the thought of traveling for the holidays, but as you know the thought of going somewhere always thrills me. While I will be staying at home this Christmas, I do know a thing or two about packing for a long weekend (or summer). Some things and ideas on my must-have list for the holiday season. It's so important to stay put-together and fresh, no matter how many miles you've crossed!
- wear your boots while you travel. it'll save you a lot of effort instead of lugging them in your bag!
- depending on your destination, bring small purses - a cross body that is easy to switch from day-to-night, and a clutch that can also pair as a wallet!
- leather-inspired leggings resist wrinkles and are super comfortable.
- embellished fleece will also dress up your outfit, but surprise! it's a sweatshirt :)
- patterned and punchy scarves are easy to pack and take up very little room.
- I always gravitate to skirts and dresses because…I hate pants!
- Flats are what I normally wear, but like to bring in my suitcase because they're space-saving and much more comfortable for walking.
Check out Paul Frederick's tips for keeping clothes crisp while traveling. Their advice - especially showering "with" your clothes - is something I've always found to be so smart. Time-saving and resourceful advice like this makes living out of a suitcase seem much more doable. Stay stylish, travelers! :)