8/18/13

a salad epiphany


Alright: so the truth is, this salad was inspired by a salad I had in France. Make that the French Riviera. ha! I know, it is kind of funny. France is famous for its sophisticated cuisine and high dining - and the thing I come away with is salad inspiration. It's true, most people don't associate the Cote d'Azur with salads.

Anyway, this was a very simple and delicious summery salad that I plan on taking into the fall with my nerdy packed lunch. The ingredients are simple, and with a little bit of balsalmic dressing...c'est merveilleux!* If you're a salad freak, which I am not, you may question my odd pairings of ingredients in here - but I promise, they're really quite good. My salad epiphany in France won't lead you wrong.

Here's to summer salads! Ciao, xo

*disclaimer: I so don't speak French, only broken Italian.

6 comments:

  1. Yumm, that looks delicious! I love corn in salads!

    xo Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out! http://bit.ly/1eTDoWq

    xo Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! i'm not a huge salad person, but this looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a mean salad - I'm a total sucker for anything fresh with pecorino! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss salads - believe it or not, but pregnant women in France are told to not eat salads, at least out at restaurants...yeah what do you think I've been craving all summer long. At least I can have spinach salads. :/

    ReplyDelete