1/20/14

pienza dreaming

As I stated yesterday I am in quite a blogging rut, and this collection of cheery, summery photos might just be the dose of inspiration I need. Pienza! A little commune in Tuscany right outside of my favorite, Siena. Photos from 2011.


When I think of Pienza...I think of penne alla vodka. I think of the smell of cheese wafting through the brown-walled streets. I think of quietness and bright Tuscan sunshine over the most beautiful vistas. Quintessential Tuscany. When I was in Pienza, I was studying abroad and I remember not being able to get over the view of the rolling hills of the countryside - the screeching birds that were flying in and out of eyesight. We had a once-in-a-lifetime lunch of penne alla vodka, among other things that I can't remember, made by monks in a monastery. 

It was something that I think back on now and wonder, how did I not write down the name of the place? Maybe all that matters is somehow I finagled the recipe out of someone who spoke to someone - and I can make the penne alla vodka all by myself here! I doubt it will be anything close to that experience though. We watched a mid afternoon thunderstorm roll by through the windows, and ate our lunches happily - "we" being some of the best friends I have ever made in my life.



5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, these photos are beautiful! Sometimes looking back at your previous travels is just what you need to get out of a blogging rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to teleport my self there now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. breathtaking. still dreaming of italy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. I've never been to Tuscany but this just looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Not a blogging rut. The photos are all gorgeous! I have never been in such place yet I feel like I am here. Do you mind if I keep one of the pictures in my room? The first photo is brilliant!

    Sebastian of
    Bali Hut Super Store

    ReplyDelete